Can I test for and fix an overcharged battery
Battery damaged via overcharging alternator 4 Answers The alternator I bought from an auto parts store overcharged the battery. Thankful that I was able to exchanged alternator …... Answer . \nDefective voltage regulator, which is built into the alternator. Have the alternator tested. Most auto parts store will do this for free.
Overcharging!!! Toyota Minis
4/05/2011 · My car is overcharging its reading 16 volts at idle and 18 when i give it some throttle. I have a 2 wire alternator and it looks fairly new i got it from one of …... Alternator overcharging i have a 1994 gmc 1500 that is overcharging as soon as you start it, the alternator and ecm have already been replaced with the same results, any info would be helpfull, thanks
Sierra alternator upgrade any issues with overcharging
When a car battery is overcharged, the most common effect is the battery rapidly dying, however, a battery that swells and becomes hot to the touch is also a direct result of overcharging. how to paint glass to look like antique mirror 17/05/2014 · My alternator has been overcharging my battery recently so since have discovered this problem i have stopped driving it. Upon inspeoction Ive found a the fuse box on top of the battery has become very hot and melted some of the plastic around it
Battery Overcharging Problems Questions and Technical
24/02/2018 · It just seems odd to me that when my alternator has a problem, it's overcharging the battery instead of not charging it. I guess in the sense that the car still runs, it's a blessing. I guess in the sense that the car still runs, it's a blessing. how to fix neck pain from sleeping wrong 2/03/2008 · Your alternator is overcharging because your regulator has failed. I advise very strongly against running the engine in this condition, as I have know vehicle fires to be caused by this.
How long can it take?
Overcharging Alternator AULRO.com
- My Delco Alternator Is Overcharging prijom.com
- Alternator overcharge and pigtail need advice ASAP
- Alternator overcharging Fixya
- Car is overcharging. Please help!! For A Bodies Only
How To Fix An Alternator Thats Overcharging
21/12/2010 · So, as he is a good mechanic, diagnosed it saying that the alternator is overcharging the battery causing the bubling and associated oddities. To confirm, we took it to advance auto to get an alt test. They tested it and showed 17+ volts unloaded, and 16+ loaded. The parasitic load was at a whopping 4.87 Amps! To confirm yet again, lol, we took it to autozone, and yes it was charging at 17
- Overcharging: An alternator that is overcharging may result in short bulb life. On modern vehicles, an overcharging alternator may result in an illuminated check engine light. It may also cause all kinds of problems with the onboard electronics and computer controls.
- Now take two barrel, and eyelets connectors and two lengths of wire long enough to go from the voltage regulator to the alternator. Attach a barrel and then Eyelet connector to the end of each one. Attach a barrel and then Eyelet connector to the end of each one.
- A starter drive that is on the verge of failure may engage briefly but then slip. The starter drive has a one way overrunning clutch mechanism that you can check once the starter is out of the car (and replace if necessary). The drive should turn freely in one direction but not in the other if good. A bad drive will turn freely in both directions or not at all. If a drive locks up, it can over
- How to fix an Alternator that overcharges battery Impala Shops are reporting instances where GM vehicles and specifically Chevrolet Impala alternators are overcharging the battery. The charging system in these newer GM vehicles is far more complicated than just a traditional voltage regulator and alternator.